I used to hate couscous. It just tasted so… plain.
But now it can be joined with chicken and other veggies for an exciting recipe!
- 1/6 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 cup uncooked couscous
- black pepper and salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped plum tomato
- 1/2 tablespoon kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh spinach
- 1/2 minced garlic clove
- 1 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast half
- Cooking spray
1. Bring broth to a boil in a small saucepan; remove from heat. Stir in couscous. Cover and let stand 4 minutes. Place couscous in a small bowl; fluff with a fork. Cool for 10 minutes. Add salt, pepper and next 8 ingredients (through garlic); toss.
2. Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness. Divide couscous mixture evenly among breast halves; roll up jelly-roll fashion. Secure with wooden picks. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Preheat oven to 400°.
4.Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until chicken is done.